Thinking of taking a spa vacation? Wondering what kind of spa packages would actually work for you? The following are a few instructions on choosing the best spa packages offered in Melbourne!
Choosing the best spa packages
Choosing the right spa treatment can be difficult. This holds true if you are relatively new to a spa experience.
Get to know your skin
The first thing which you must know is your skin type. Since spa packages include body massages along with facials and sauna treatments it’s important to know your skin type.
- The first thing you have to do is know what kind of skin you have
- The process is pretty simple. Just wash your face at night before going to bed using a mild cleanser.
- In the morning blot your face with a tissue paper, if you see slight oil marks it means your skin is oily
- Similarly no oil marks and a stretched feeling to your skin means it’s dry.
- None of the above mentioned symptoms, you have a normal skin type.
- Since your massage therapist doesn’t actually know you personally it’s on you to let them know your skin type. This would help them in offering you the right kind of facials to help make the most of your spa package.
Check for skin sensitivity as well. Most people have a combination skin which is especially sensitive in certain areas and is prone to sunburn in those specific areas only. However if your skin is often red or tender then it means it’s especially sensitive and you need a spa treatment which wont aggravate your condition.
When you choose a spa treatment facility in Melbourne make sure you have a detailed talk with the spa specialist. Let them know about any skin sensitivities. Besides also let them know
- If you are allergic to specific oils. Some people cannot tolerate peppermint so well, so it’s better to let the masseuse know what works and what doesn’t work.
- Any health conditions like migraines or hypertension need to be mentioned as well. That’s because there are certain massages which are offered as an assisted therapy to these conditions.
- If you suffer from fibromyalgia a deep tissue massage can actually help alleviate this painful condition.
- Knowing your skin type and other bodily problems could actually help you experience a better spa package, one which specifically helps treat your condition.
- Any specific demands like no music or only slow soothing music should be mentioned as well. Some people are not comfortable with any kind of lights in the room; you can request lights to be dimmer than usual as well. However not all spas are willing to agree with their clients. Some have a specific and rigid code which you need to know of before.
Keeping all the above mentioned things in mind could actually help make your day at spa in Melbourne enjoyable an affair to remember. However, the key is to let the masseuse know of any skin conditions and ailments and being aware about what actually works for you.