How to Make Great Election Posters for Your Campaign
07 Mar 2017
An uninspiring poster can dull your campaign like nothing else. It’s important for your election posters to speak on your behalf. They need to be catchy and attention grabbing. Read on to see how you can turn a boring piece of paper into exciting campaign poster
- The first and foremost would be to think up of a catchy slogan. Something which defines you well and is unique about you.
- If you can’t think up of anything on your own, you could take some inspiration from the internet and try to personalize those slogans to your name.
- Try and make those slogans look like you actually care about making a change. A good example would be a slogan like “Change for betterment…” or “Time for Change ….” Etc. There are a great many choices, just pick something which appeals to you and defines your ideology.
- Be consistent with your ideology and your slogan. Think what is your aim? That aim should become your slogan. If you wish to work for bringing about a positive change, make sure its mentioned in your election poster.
Designing Eye Catching Posters
If you plan on designing your own election poster make sure you make use of Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Photoshop.
- Make sure the posters are of various sizes. You would need big and small ones both.
- You can even use letter sized ones to be distributed as flyers.
- Make sure you keep the slogan similar throughout all the posters which are printed. Doing so would ensure that people are able to remember your slogan. It should be catchy enough to get stuck in their mind. The more they think about you, the better are your chances of winning.
- Besides the slogan or the heading of your poster, your name is the second most important thing. It should be written in a bold font which is clear and easy to read.
- It would also be great if you put up your picture next to the slogan. This way people would easily associate your name with your picture. When people recognize you they would make it a point to know you better.
- Avoid going into a great many details. A poster should be catchy with as little text as possible. People might find it cumbersome to read through your poster if you design it like a flyer. You will get plenty of chances to give speech which people can listen to. Don’t bore them to bits by making tall claims on your poster.
- Choose a common theme, something which appeals to just about everyone. If you choose a sports theme you may well attract the athletes but not the others. Be focused but make sure to target just about everyone in your campaign.
- Last but not the least make sure you exude enough confidence so as to impress other people. A person looking to stand for an election needs to be charismatic and confident.
If you are looking for a poster printing shop in Papa New Guinea make sure to check out the ready made templates available at PNG Election Printing.